Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye '05

Another year slips by, oh-so-quickly!

A quick review of the year...

This was my first complete year being out of school and on my own, and I think it has gone pretty well. My job searching ended early on, and I managed to land a position with a salary, retirement plan, and health insurance. That was all I was really hoping for at the time, to get a taste of adulthood, responsibilities and supporting myself (wait, WHY did I want that again? I can't quite remember anymore...). Along the way, I discovered the biologist and environmentalist in me, realizing how much science really means to me, and I think that discovery is more important than anything else I've done this year.

Squeezed into the 40-hour weeks, I've managed to have a little fun too. Going to to NYC and hanging out with Leo, Jun, Terrin and Chrystal, and seeing Chicago on Broadway. Seeing the blooming wildflowers in Death Valley, camping at McGrath, partying in Vegas. Going on the Death Boat 2005 cruisin' adventure, and camping in Baja. It's been a good year, and I hope '06 is even better.

All the best to everyone this next year, hope your dreams are fulfilled and life brings you much love and happiness! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. So guess what..I took your advice and I write down one thing everyday that makes me happy or that turned out for the better. It's working and honestly the only thing that keeps me sane in Boston.

    ReplyDelete