Saturday, March 14, 2009

Leo Carrillo & Joshua Tree, here I come!

My New Tent!

I'm so excited, I just got a brand new tent!! My first tent endured a squirrel attack (resulting in a patch and zipper replacement), a lost bag, two pole fixes, and leaky seams from a 4-inch rain storm. I recently decided that it's time for the Kelty tent to go into semi-retirement. Although it's still in working order, I wanted to invest in something new and different. The result? An REI Quarter Dome T3 tent. I can't wait to test it out, so it's a good thing I'm going on two camping trips next month!

The best thing about this new tent is how much I had to pay out of my own pocket for it.

Tent & footprint, full price cost= $330.00
I paid= $78.00

How did I get such a sweet deal, you ask? Well it was a combination of things--birthday gift card + birthday money + REI member discount + my 2008 dividend= a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment