Thursday, April 01, 2010

Quote-o-the-day

"Perhaps there is some secret sort of homing instinct in books that brings them to their perfect readers. How delightful if that were true."
-The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

Boy that title is a mouthfull. It's our new book club selection, I've just started reading and am enjoying it so far. I think this is a cute quote--some books are so special, it really does feel like more than just chance that they've made it into our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it is absolutely true. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did when it was gifted to me by it's previous (and perfect) owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you as I was reading today! I was thinking that I must recommend this book to you--it seems like just the kind of book you would really enjoy, so I'm glad you have already discovered it!

    ReplyDelete