Saturday, November 27, 2010

See Jane Run!

My first 5k!

Several of my friends and I participated in the Long Beach Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and I did it, I ran my first 5K race! My goal was to run the whole thing without walking and I happily accomplished that. Like I've mentioned before, I have never been a runner. I not only didn't like to do it, but I also really couldn't run even if I wanted to. When I first started, I was only able to do 1 minute run/walk intervals. But now, after a lot of hard work, I think I can almost call myself a runner. And I'm already looking forward to my next 5K race so I can improve my pace and time. Thanks to Kera, Shannon, Emily, Sylvia, & Theresa for a fun morning, good job ladies!


Hope you all are having a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment