Saturday, February 14, 2015

Satisfying a Craving

I don't miss the traffic or lines or lack of trees, but I sure do miss the LA food scene! What does it take to satisfy a craving for a warm bowl of delicious ramen? Well, in LA, it takes the effort to make several decisions: what kind of ramen do you want, which restaurant do you want to try, or how far are you willing to drive? When one lives in a town lacking in the quantity of cuisine choices, and sometimes quality of cuisine, you don't have a choice. This is what it takes:

1.5 hours of driving + 1 hour of waiting (on a list behind 25 other groups)

And was this effort worth it? Oh boy, yes it was. I won't be making a trek like that very often, but it was so worth it this one time to satisfy a craving that has been nagging at me for a while now (I blame watching too many episodes of The Mind of a Chef: Season 1!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment