Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Where to go from here?

As you may recall (if you've talked to me or read the "Epiphany" post), I've recently realized that I do want to keep the sciences in my life and career, because it is a big part of who I am. But that's about all I've figured out so far. As to exactly what I want to do or where I want to go with this newfound discovery, I still have no clue. It's a bit of a scary place to be--in limbo, not knowing, unsure....
My new job is going well--not too exciting, sometimes boring even--but it is where I need to be right now. I'm thankful that: I finally have a full-time salaried job, that I have health insurance again, that I have the opportunity to establish my financial independence and release my parents from the burden of supporting me, that this has nothing to do with science, and that it is giving me time to slow down and think and figure out what's next. So, where shall I go from here?...

1 comment:

  1. Give yourself some time. Maybe during the course of doing your job, you'll see something of interest or happen to talk to someone who interests you in what they do.

    And yes, having a full-time salaried job provides a sense of relief, though I don't start until Monday.

    (And no, I don't know exactly what I want to do either.)

    Hang in there, Jane. You'll discover your calling eventually. :-)

    chipflip (aka Bryan)

    ReplyDelete