Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Travel Bug

Every three to four months for over a year now, I’ve hopped on a plane to go somewhere. Hawaii. Europe. Texas. NYC. It’s been four months since my trip to the Big Apple, and I’m starting to feel that itch to travel again. I’ve been daydreaming about a cross country road trip, the possible 5-year reunion with my Australia buddies, a vacation in Mexico, visiting Haley and Mesha in Oregon and Adam in Virginia, traveling to Greece, seeing Laura when she goes to JCU and trekking through the Australian outback--oh, there are so many trips I want to go on! My friend, Jen, is currently on a Pacific Northwest/Midwest road trip (follow the Jen link to see pictures and read about her travels), and I am SO JEALOUS! While sitting in this training room, with no windows and artificial light, I’m living vicariously through her. But I want to go on my own adventures! The travel bug is back, so I better do something about it soon. The only problem? Time. It’s hard playing grown-up when you want to wander and see the world, because you have no time to do it. The other problem? Money. You can’t see the world if you can’t pay for it by playing grown-up. Oh, the Catch-22s of life…

2 comments:

  1. 6.16.05
    Trust me Jane...money is a big thing!! I'm down to $84.00 in my account. Thank goodness I'm coming back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah...the last message was from jen.

    ReplyDelete