Monday, June 06, 2005

Update: My Medical Situation

(If we can even call it a medical situation)
Good news! I don’t have a brain tumor. Not that it ever crossed my mind before, but just in case, I don’t have to worry if it were to ever cross my mind later on. My doctor does not think that my losing consciousness two times last month was a result of a brain tumor. Or a seizure. Or because of my blood sugar level. Actually, he’s not quite sure what the cause of it was. This means that I now have to go through a series of tests, to see if something unusual will turn up to explain these fainting episodes. He took an EKG while I was in the office on Thursday. I gave blood this morning, for a series of blood tests he’s going to do. And in a couple of weeks, I have to do a 24-hour EKG. I really don’t think there’s anything wrong, but it’s better to be safe than sorry, I guess. Good thing I have health insurance, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you went in. I am so sorry for not calling you up and checking on you. I really had every intention to do so.

    Even better that so far, so good, nothing to be worried about. But don't let that deter you from your tests, you still need to go through with all that.

    *hugs*

    And hopefully, we'll have a book club meeting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is really weird that Anitza has two friends that have passed out and needed to jump through all kinds of hoops to be reassured of good health. I too am thrilled to have had the coverage of insurance.

    ReplyDelete