Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A November Evening in Southern California

The weather has been unusually beautiful the past couple of days. Well, I shouldn't say "unusually", because having nice, mild weather is one of the perks of living in Southern California (so, it's not so unusual), but I would've expected it to be, around this time of year, a tad bit colder than it is. Heck, the ski resorts were open this time last year, because I distinctly remember Meghan and I hitting the slopes with our snowboards on election day. But this week in the LBC, it has been in the warm and sunny 80s, and although I didn't get to enjoy the beautiful weather during the bulk of the day (being stuck in an office sure does suck sometimes), I did enjoy the remnants of it in the evenings. They have been no-scarf-needed evenings--I've been surprised several times, upon stepping outside and expecting the sting of cold, by a pleasant embrace of warm evening air. Today, I took advantage of this inviting weather by taking a walk, at dusk, along the beach path where Catalina Island was in PERFECT view. It was such a clear evening that Catalina, wrapped in a cloud of orange sky, seemed like a skip of a rock away. This is sometimes a rare site, with our smoggy or cloudy or foggy skies, and once again, I wish I had my camera to capture and share with you the stunning view.

P.S. 48 hours until I see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, on IMAX! I'm so excited! (I know, I'm a nerd. But don't be embarrased for me, because I fully embrace it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment