Monday, March 06, 2006

And the winner is...

My friend Henny and his friends organize an Oscar Pool every year: you pay $10 for a ballot to vote for who you think will win, and the top guessers get a portion of the pool money. Although I hadn't seen all of the movies, I thought it would be fun to join in this year anyway. So, after doing some online research (IMDB and some "Oscar Prediction" sites) and after changing my vote several times (I filled out three ballots before the final draft), I turned in my ballot thinking I didn't stand a chance against the thirty other participants. I also concluded that I would never do something like that again, because it was too stressful trying to "think" like the academy and voting for who would "most likely" win rather than who I wanted to win. In the end, I enjoyed participating in all the fun, from voting to going to the Oscar party, but especially walking away with half of the first place prize. Yep, that's right, yours truly tied for first place! I went home with $90 bucks, and it was the best $10 investment I've ever made. Maybe I won't totally write off next year's Oscar Pool....

2 comments:

  1. hey jane, that's awesome! you're a risktaker, harhar.

    check out these funny pictures of jake gyllenhaal getting all craze-i.

    http://www.boomspeed.com/allhailme/030706_jakegoeswild.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! That is SO COOL! Did anyone predict that Crash would win?

    ReplyDelete