Sunday, November 25, 2007

Food

Food: Vietnamese. Scott, Alicia, Phil and I cooked a Vietnamese meal (my first!) recently, and it was delicious. I bought a Vietnamese cookbook a couple of months ago because I wanted to start learning how to cook all the dishes that I loved eating while growing up. We made spring rolls for an appetizer, and chicken with ginger in a caramel sauce, sauteed green beans and steamed rice for the main dish. Nothing fancy. It was fun cooking with friends, and I'm glad my first attempt at Vietnamese cuisine went well.

Food: early Thanksgiving. Phil's mom was in town last weekend and cooked a tasty Thanksgiving dinner for him, his brother, and their friends. Yum. I love Thanksgiving meals and was pretty excited that I was going to get to eat it a couple of times this year.

Food: not settling well. I was working a sleepover program this past Wednesday night, and although I tried to hang in there and stay, I ended up going home at midnight. Some sort of stomach bug caused nasty things to happen to my body. Nasty things as in stuff coming out both ends. Over...And over again. Painful. Ugly. Nasty. That was probably too much information, sorry. But everyone else around me heard about it, so I thought I shouldn't leave you guys in the dark.

Food: not eating it. Sadly, due to whatever bug I had, Thanksgiving came and went and I didn't get to enjoy another yummy meal. I ate a tiny bit at my Aunt & Uncle's house, but didn't get to enjoy it like normal (as in stuff myself with pumpkin pie and stuffing, two of my favorites, and everything else.) I actually slept most of the time I was over at the family's, got home at 5pm and went to bed until 8 the next morning. Ugh. Being sick sucks. Friday, all I could stomach the whole day was 6 saltine crackers.

Food: eating it again! I ate my first meal again yesterday. Yay! The bug's gone, and I'm back to normal.

Food: okay, enough talk about it. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment