Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Weekend

Friday: Went to REI to pick up my tent pole that was repaired (yay, i'll be able to use my tent for the camping trip in two weeks!) & bought a cleaning kit for my hydration pack. Went to the farmers market downtown and ate a tamale for lunch. Rode my bike to work via the beach path. Worked an overnight (which was, by the way, one of the worst experiences any of us have had--too many people + not enough staff = a very frustrating and exhausting evening.)

Saturday: Rode my bike home from work via the beach path. Took a shower, then drove my car up to my parents house to get it fixed. Came home and took a nap. Went to the gym and finished my week 3 of training for the 5K. Went to lunch at the beach. Came home and took another nap. Woke up, went to have some fro-yo then shopped at Target for a bit. Watched Enchanted.

Today: Drove to my parents house to pick up my fixed car. Came home, read on the back patio and enjoyed the sunshine and beautiful day (in the 80s today!) BBQd with friends, drank mojitos, played Taboo, and chit chatted.

Tomorrow: Breakfast with Henny. Adventuring at the Wild Animal Park (I've never been, so it should be fun!) And possibly Salsa lessons and Salsa dancing in the evening.

Misc thoughts...

Must learn this new program I'm going to be teaching on Thursday. As in brand spankin' new, no one has taught it before, I have no one to learn from, I will be the first one to ever EVER teach it. Should learn it SOON. Like NOW. Or rather, should have learned it today or yesterday. Instead of taking naps and bbqing and going to animal parks. Alas, once a procrastinator, always a procrastinator.

My good friend Anitza read the Twilight series in, like, three days. You don't know how giggly happy that makes me. You see, I'm a little more than obsessed with the books, and have slowly been trying to convert friends to the dark side too, because I can't be the only ridiculous one who's crazy over a teenage vampire love story. I needed people to understand where I was coming from. I needed them to know how it feels to be sucked into the world of Forks. I needed them to love Edward just as much as I did. And I've succeeded so far. Hehe.

1 comment:

  1. There are no words to describe my love for Edward. None.

    I haven't stopped thinking about it. Whenever I had a quiet moment, I thought about it. I am going to have to read it again, but slower this time. As I was waiting for Juan to get out of the shower, I popped open New Moon, I think, to the Truth chapter towards the end and read it all over again.

    You have no idea what you have done to me.

    ReplyDelete