Monday, October 19, 2009

The Past 2 Months

Here's to playing catch-up. Since returning from the road trip...

...Went to Catalina Island for work, taking 30 teachers to have a hands-on experience snorkeling, tidepooling, kayaking and exploring. It was so much fun and reminded me how much I miss working out there.

...Went to the Island again for fun, when Scott was in town. He was back from Australia for a month, so we went over to play for a day.

...Whale watching a couple of times. I hadn't been in a while, so it was great being out on the water again. There were rumors that orcas might come around, but we didn't see any. That's okay though, because the blue whales were amazing, as always.

...There was a fun event at work--a cake walk and chili cook-off. How could you go wrong with being able to try about 20 different homemade chili dishes? I won a cake to top it off, so it was a great evening.

...Had an awesome girl's weekend away in Mammoth Lakes with seven friends. We visited June Lakes, Mono Lake, Yosemite, hiked Devil's Postpile & Rainbow Falls, ate yummy food, played games, drank wine, hung out, and woke up to a few inches of snow our last morning there. SO MUCH FUN with the girls.

...Finished knitting my hobo gloves!!! Woohoo, I am very proud of the accomplishment!

Aside from the fun, I did the normal work, gym, work, farting around, etc. etc. stuff. I was sick last week, but I've recovered just in time for my next small vacation--leave on Wednesday to visit Resh in Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment