Thursday, February 03, 2005

Freezing My Arse Off

The Pre-Birthday party celebration last weekend went well. It was a lot of fun (aside from my puking--thanks Jake for holding my hair back!), but I actually had to work the next morning at 9am, so that wasn't so fun. I did come home to a clean apartment, however, because my great roomates cleaned up the whole party aftermath while I was hard at work. I'm very thankful I didn't have to deal with that, because the house reeked of beer when I left in the morning, so thanks roomies for doing all of that dirty work! My birthday bowling evening was a lot of fun also, although my bowling score was horrible. Remember how I was proud that I bowled over 100 last time? Well, this time, I was cursed with a curving ball and averaged about 50. Jake kicked all of our butts and bowled a friggin 204!

And now, I've made it to New York City. The plane ride was a bit uncomfortable (I think I'm just getting tired of flying), and I'm happy I managed the subways and made it from the airport into Manhattan okay. Kat met me at the subway stop by her place, and she and her boyfriend Eugene took me to a little seafood restauraunt they like. Gave raw oysters another try, and it wasn't as bad as I remember. Dinner--a lobster roll--was excellent, and dessert--apple pie,complete with a birthday candle--was even better. It was a nice way to start my trip.
I think it's in the 30s here now, which apparantly is the warmest it's been all winter. Although I'm freezing my arse off, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, and I think I will survive okay. The scarf I finished knitting before leaving helps a lot, and the matching beanie my friend Mesha made for me is a nice touch =)
Just a few things I want to do/see here: eat a hot dog from a hot dog stand, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Broadway show, NY Aquarium, shop, MET, Natural History Museum, Central Park and eat a NY-style pizza...
So, I'm excited to be exploring a bit of the city with Leo and Jun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment