Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Heading Home

My last few days here have been pretty low-key. Time flew because I'm already heading back home tomorrow. Sunday was Eugene's birthday, so we went out for lunch to celebrate, then did some shopping in SoHo. (Which stands for the area south of Houston, a street that runs through Manhattan. And I learned that it's not Hew-ston, like Houston TX, but prounounced House-ton instead). After that, we headed over to a friend of Eugene's to watch the Superbowl on his huge flatscreen TV.

Yesterday, I went to the Empire State Building. My intention was to go to the top and look down on the city, but never made it because the line was too long. I didn't mind missing out on it at the time, but I got an email from Leo, and he and Jun had visited it the day after we all hung out and he said it was great. So, I guess that just gives me something to do the next time I'm in New York =). After skipping out on the Empire State Building, I went up to Central Park to take a stroll around and take a look at the zoo there. I couldn't find the zoo, however (the park is huge), so just continued walking until I made my way to the American Museum of Natural History. It was pretty interesting inside, especially this neat butterfly exhibit they have, where you can go in a room with the butterflies flying all around you.

Today, I decided to explore Canal street, to try and find some cute knock-off Kate Spade purses. It's kind of a shady area, and I unfortunately didn't find anything. Actually, there were no knock-off items on display anwhere because the cops have apparantly been cracking down on that stuff. A woman in one of the stores asked for Chanel stuff, and the man took her through a "secret door" back to some "secret area." It seemed like a shady deal, LOL, and I didn't want to put myself in any weird situations since I was there alone. So, I didn't ask about any Kate Spades, and walked away empty-handed.

Well, back home tomorrow. See some of you then. And hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment: