Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Weekend update

Wow, I actually DID something this past weekend! (Sad, but I've been leading a pretty boring life lately. Well, boring as in I don't have anything to write about, but I'm actually enjoying how low-key things have been.)

Worked at the Aquarium Saturday day, then went to Jen's graduation/going away party at the Long Beach Yacht club that night. She's heading off into the NOAA Corp (that's National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration for those of you who don't know what NOAA stands for) in about two weeks--congrats on finishing school and landing the job Jen!! The party was fun, but what party with an open bar isn't fun? I also got to see a couple of friends, JoAnn and Steph, who I haven't seen in a while, so it was nice catching up.

Sunday morning, I was back at the Aquarium for a staff meeting, then hung out with Wendy and Kiernan for a bit. Sunday night was our first book club meeting of the year, for Memoirs of a Geisha. There were a few no-shows, but a strong attendance overall. We had good discussions, and I think everyone really enjoyed the book--I was probably the one who liked it least out of the group. Next up for the book club is Eragon. I've heard mixed reviews about this one, and am curious to see how it is, especially being a fan of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings...

My birthday is coming up next week. Just doing dinner this year, no party. I'm a little partied-out, after five years eating drinking puking and cleaning.

Later on in February, Terrin, my roomate while in Australia will be in Cali for a week. We'll be hanging out, and it will be great to see her again!

And I just might be taking a little vacation to the Pacific Northwest in March, and hoping to see Haley and Mesha!

No comments:

Post a Comment