Saturday, January 17, 2015

First Hike of the Year

I've been itching to go on a hike lately, so we finally got out and explored a new area today--a 6.5 mile trail in Toro County Park. Since I'm very out of hiking shape, the uphill climb was quite a challenge. It reminded me that I need to go hiking more often and get back into shape! It was a sunny day and we were surrounded by lush green hills and an expansive blue sky. We continued the trek at a slow and manageable pace and finally made it to the top of Eagle Peak, which rewarded us with a wonderful view. Sitting at 1600', Eagle Peak overlooks Monterey Bay and the Salinas Valley. It was a bit hazy over the bay so we couldn't see clear across to Santa Cruz, but I was excited about being able to spot Pt. Pinos and Moss Landing. What a lovely way to spend a Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment