Friday, November 19, 2004

How to be an Old Lady

So one of my friends calls me the other day and asks what I'm doing. "Knitting and watching Oprah," I say. He then laughs and makes fun of me. I later tell this story to another friend, and he laughs and tells me I've become "an old lady". This is disturbing. I took up knitting this past weekend because I wanted to learn how to do something new, and because I thought it would be cool if I made myself a scarf (the only things I like about Winter are going snowboarding and being able to wear my scarves. Otherwise, I'm a Spring & Summer girl, and have no use for cold, gloomy Winters.) And yes, I do watch Oprah every once in a while, if I'm bored and at home when it's on. By putting those two together, knitting and watching Oprah, I've apparantly just learned how to be "an old lady". How sad...Once again--I need a REAL job! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment