Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Sunny Day on a Snowy Mountain

After voting yesterday morning, I skipped out on a second interview I was supposed to go on at an environmental laboratory (I know, you're wondering why in the world I would do such a thing), and spent the day snowboarding with my friend, Meghan, at our local ski resort. The snow wasn't that great, but it's wonderful there's actually snow in Southern California so early in the season, and it was nice that no one was around, being a weekday and all. This was my first time back in a couple of years, and I'm still not that good, but it was a lot of fun. It was a beautiful sunny day up there, and after forgetting our sunscreen, Meghan and I now have nice racoon eyes. Since I've been complaining about being bored, I think I might try to go boarding more often this winter (although my money stituation is a bit of an issue, but we'll ignore that fact). Hey, if I do keep it up though, I might actually get better! (LOL, I can hear Nick and Eric laughing at me right now--well, you guys just wait and see, I'll prove myself...) So, if any of you want to go boarding, call me up!

P.S. You must think that my second interview at the lab was a great opportunity, and that I'm crazy for skipping out on it, especially since I've been complaining nonstop about how I need a job. BUT, 1. Who wouldn't rather go snowboarding than to an interview? and, 2. I didn't like the Lab Director when I met him the first time around, and my conversation with him about the second interview didn't go any better. I just got an overall creepy vibe from him and he seemed very unprofessional, so that's the real reason why I made the decision not to pursue the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment