Sunday, May 01, 2005

Quote-o-the-day

"I used to be afraid of so many things--that I'd never grow up, that I'd be trapped in the same place for all eternity, that my dreams would forever be shy of my reach. It's true what they say, time plays tricks on you. One day you're dreaming, the next your dream has become your reality. And now that this scared little girl no longer follows me wherever I go, I miss her, I do. Because there are things I want to tell her--to relax...to lighten up...that it is all going to be okay. I want her to know that meeting people who like you, who understand you, who actually accept you for who you are, will become an increasingly rare occurance...people who contributed to who I am--they're with me wherever I go, and as history gets rewrittien in small ways with each passing day, my love for them only grows. Because the truth is, it was the best of times--mistakes were made, hearts were broken, harsh lessons learned, but all of that has receded into fond memory now. How does that happen? Why are we so quick to forget the bad and romanticize the good? Maybe it's because we need to believe that the time we spent together actually meant something, that we were there for each other in a time in our lives that defined us all, a time in our lives that we will never forget. I can't swear this is exactly how it happened. But this is how it felt..."
-Joey, Dawson's Creek

(My dad made me go through and clean out my boxes of old school stuff today. I usually jot down quotes in random places, and found this one among my pages of Genetics notes. Thought I'd share the discovery.)

1 comment:

  1. are you honing in on the media frenzy around katie holmes? huh? huh? huh?

    ReplyDelete