Friday, May 20, 2005

Sucker for Reality TV

I probably shouldn't admit this (Micah was pretty appalled when I told him), but here it is: I admit it, if I watched TV, I’d be guilty of being A Reality Show Junkie. So, it’s a darn good thing that I don’t watch that much television, isn't it? Aside from religiously following Lost (which I only discovered part way through the season, and which, by the way, is a GREAT show), I usually steer clear of that silver box in the living room. Unlike some friends (you know who you are =P), who schedule their lives around the shows they watch (haha, yes, people actually do that!), or my roommates, who can sit for hours on end watching things like MTV Cribs, I usually do other things with my time--you know, happy hour, bowling, the gym, shopping, reading, riding my bike, etc. Now, I’m not trying to say that I’m any better than those of you who love your TV. It’s just funny, because I get sucked in so easily (especially to reality shows), and could become one of you at any moment. I’ve shown a few signs of faltering this week alone:
1. Monday. My roommate was watching MTVs Inferno. I sat down, intending to watch for just a moment, but ended up sitting through 5 episodes of it and 1 episode of Trippin’. It was all done before I could stop myself. How sad, 3 hours of my life.
2. Tuesday. I watched American Idol. First problem. Not only did I watch the show, but I voted too. Problem number two. What?! Yes, I voted. I can’t believe it myself. How sad. (In my defense, Bo was so cute and sang so well!)
3.Wednesday. After a sushi dinner with friends, I cut our night short because I had to get home in time for Lost. I even speeded home and RAN into the house. And during the show, I got mad at the roommates for talking-didn’t they understand I needed complete silence, so I could absorb the details? Really, how sad was that?

Next week: must avoid becoming a TV addict, will only watch the 2 hour season finale of Lost. Nothing else…

1 comment:

  1. Hey now!!! I don't schedule my life around TV, just my evenings.

    ReplyDelete