Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Now that’s a bargain!

For Halloween this year, Meghan, Shelby and I are dressing up as characters from the 80s cartoon Jem & the Holograms (unless you’re a girl and grew up in the 80s, you probably have no clue who they are—most guys I talk to only remember cartoons like GI Joe and the Transformers.) Besides my blue wig (I’m going to be the blue-haired Aja) and platinum pumps, I hadn’t come up with much of a costume yet (which is cutting it close, because the party is right around the corner). That is, until yesterday, when on my way home from work, I stopped by a store to see if I could somehow put an outfit together. Although skeptical, I actually did find a bright pink skirt that was on sale for $5.00. The skirt was perfect: it’s a terrible shade of pink and something that I would never wear again, but it would complete my costume without putting a dent to my bank account. To my surprise, the skirt was not $5.00 when I went to pay for it, but was actually marked down to $1.00. A buck?! I couldn't have found a better bargain at a thrift store. Little surprises like that can complete a day.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! I can't wait to see you, even if it is just in pictures!

    ReplyDelete