Saturday, August 08, 2009

I Heart Farmers Markets

Shadows
Road Trip 2009: Day 3
Hanging out in San Francisco, CA:
Ferry Building Saturday farmers market
A little shopping in Union Square
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Dinner at Fish in Sausalito

Ferry building farmers market
Miles driven today=0
Total miles driven=489

Today was another sunny and beautiful day in the city. Before leaving on the trip, I checked the weather and they predicted it would be in the high 50s/low 60s here. Just shows that you should never trust the weatherman, because we have been getting blue skies and warm sunshine instead. I've heard that San Francisco summers are usually cold and foggy, but I've been lucky enough to be experiencing the exception.

Today was also another long day on our feet! We started out the morning down at the Ferry Building to check out its Saturday farmers market. I love wandering through farmers markets, and this one was a feast for the eyes, nose, and taste buds. Just look at these peppers!:
Beautiful peppers

After the market, we walked up to Union Square for a little shopping. I bought a new pair of Merrell shoes, which I've been meaning to do. They're a new and improved version of my current pair, and I'm so excited about the purchase. We then spent the rest of our afternoon a the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. SFMOMA currently has two exhibitions that we were interested in--the Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams collection, & the Richard Avedon Photographs collection. They were both great and worth the visit.

Ended the day over in Sausalito to have dinner at Fish, a sustainable seafood restaurant on the waterfront. Why yes, my clam chowder, corn bread, crab sandwich and fish taco were very yummy, thank for asking. The view during dinner...
The view during dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment