Thursday, August 04, 2005

Quote-o-the-day

"I'm not saying all this because I feel sorry for myself but because I just didn't feel prepared. I wasn't ready. All those years of schooling and resume-building bullshit didn't pertain at all to the life that was waiting for me. I felt misled, the recipient of wrong and useless instruction, ill-equipped. It was like I had been airlifted to an uninhabited desert island with only a pinata and a bundt pan and was told, Well, that should do it. Good luck."
-The Frog King by Adam Davies

HaHa, I found this quote very amusing. Maybe not to this exaggerated extent, but don't we all feel a little like this when we're first plopped into the real world after college? A little awkward, a little ill-prepared. I know I did, and still do feel like I'm scrambling to figure my life out.

No comments:

Post a Comment