Saturday, August 16, 2008

Road Trip '08: Day 11

Robin's Woods, WA to Seattle, WA & back to Robin's Woods, WA
Miles driven today= 116
Total miles driven= 1619



I know it sounds a little silly, but I was a bit nervous about driving my car onto the ferry to get to Seattle. Taking the ferry? No problem. Taking the ferry with my car? For some reason, I was a bit hesitant about it. I even considered taking the long way and just driving down and around into the city to pick Alicia up at the airport. But then I realized I was being silly, plus Jennifer gave me detailed instructions on how to get to the Bainbridge Island-Seattle ferry, and how to get onto and off of the ferry, so it wouldn't have been a big deal. And you know what? It wasn't. It was actually such an easy process, and a pretty fun experience too. So glad I did it instead of wasting my time driving the long way around! Once the car was parked, I got out and walked the upper deck of the ferry for a while. Took in the beautiful scenery as we left the early-morning stillness of Bainbridge Island and headed towards the Seattle skyline. Standing there with the wind blowing reminded me of McDreamy, hehe.

After picking Alicia up at the airport, we stopped in Seattle for a couple of hours before heading over the Olympic Peninsula again. We walked around Pike Place market, which was so incredibly crowded! The last time I was there was winter/springtime a couple of years back, and it was pretty quiet compared to the madness that we trekked through. It was still fun wandering all the booths and checking out what kind of crafty things were for sale (I bought a necklace.) We grabbed lunch, then got back in the car to get onto the ferry.

Trying to get on the ferry on a warm Saturday in Seattle is quite an experience! We waited in line and inched along for over an hour before we were able to get onto one. We got back to Robin's Woods in the afternoon, and after showing Alicia around the house, we each plopped ourselves into our own hammock and spent a couple of hours there.

Being the true zoology nerd that she is, one of the things that Alicia is most excited about this trip is being able to see wildlife. Reptiles, birds, mammals, you name it, she wants to see it all. Leave it to her to find a lizard in the backyard during her first couple of hours at the house. She picked it up and hung out with it for a while. I just happened to be playing with the Nikon D200 at the time, so check out some of the pictures that I shot over at Jennifer's blog, Robin's Woods.

1 comment:

  1. I would have also been worried about the ferry for no good reason. Glad that you did it and checked that off on your list of things you've done in your life!

    Those photos are gorgeous! I hope you get to play with that camera a lot longer! I want one SO BAD!

    ReplyDelete