Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Road Trip '08: Day 8

Robin's Woods, WA (just hanging out!)
& a visit to Port Townsend, WA
Miles driven today= 0
Total miles driven= 1503



Ah, how nice, no driving today (for me at least!) The driving hasn't been bad at all, I've actually been enjoying it more than I thought I would. It's rather peaceful having nothing but my thoughts and the long stretch of road ahead of me. A bit like meditating--just driving and being, going somewhere but not quite in a hurry to get there. But, even though the driving has been going well, it's still nice not having to deal with it for a few days.

This morning, I woke up and ate some toast (from the loaf of bread I had made the night before, very exciting), then we drove up to visit Port Townsend, which is on the northeastern tip of the peninsula. It is a cute town along the water, with neat old buildings and pretty Victorian homes. We had lunch at a little cafe and walked along their downtown area, looking at the buildings and in some of the shops. Then we headed over to the beach at Fort Warden. It was surprisingly warm out, and the water at the beach was an amazing aqua blue-green color. It was such a beautiful day--I couldn't believe that I was actually sitting on a beach in Northern Washington! Doesn't it always rain here? Okay, so it's August--if it doesn't always rain, then isn't it usually cool and cloudy at least? Who knew it got this nice up here!?

No comments:

Post a Comment